Cafe Havana is exactly what it feels like – a massive, however comfortable, “tropical getaway” providing Caribbean-style food and drinks inside the heart of Smithtown.
Located at 944 W. Jericho Turnpike, Cafe Havana has a menu stimulated using proper Puerto Rican and Spanish flavors.
“With the palm trees surrounding you and the extensive sort of food to choose from, you will experience like you have been transported to a tropical island…Once you get transported to the Caribbean, you may in no way want to go away,” reads the eating place’s website.
Cafe Havana’s menu includes ambitious flavors and dishes straight from the Caribbean. Appetizers consist of fish tacos, crab cakes, baked clams, and calamari, to name some.
From there, you’ll locate distinctiveness crafted sandwiches, soups, salads, and classic entrees. From heartier dishes like braised red meat shank and arroz con pollo to savory seafood delights including halibut, paella, and lobster, everything on the menu is made with true Caribbean flavors in mind.
This is real even about aspect orders, consisting of candy or fried plantains and yuca frita, a type of extra crispy fried potato.
For those with sweet teeth, don’t cease your meal without experiencing one of the cafe’s many conventional desserts. Options include tres leches cake, flan, fruit sorbet, coconut custard pie, guava cheesecake, dulce de leche cheesecake, and homemade lava cake.
Cafe Havana’s tropical environment and delicacies have earned the establishment a 4-big name score on Yelp.
“My circle of relatives and I visited Cafe Havana throughout eating place week and punctiliously enjoyed the entirety at the menu. We began with the yummy baked empanadas appetizers in hen and pork accompanied by way of the filled candy plantains.
“I had the traditional Cuban ropa viejà that turned into served with rice, beans, and sweet plantains. Every chunk becomes savory and delicious, accompanied through their infamous sangria…my meal was everything and then some!” wrote R.A. In a June 26 assessment.
Cafe Havana is open for brunch and dinner six days a week. For more statistics, visit the website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice’s unfastened daily emails and information signals.
1. Italian- that is, with the aid of some distance, the worst, not because the food is not accurate however due to the fact it’s miles inherently very, very messy because of all of the wealthy sauces and very individualistic. The pasta turned into now not intended to be eaten from the same bowl using a group of people.
2. Mexican- this ranks high inside the worst places to take a date actually from the reality which you in no way know what to expect after the meal. The food may be very spicy, and except you have got an iron belly, the wrong combination of substances ought to become ruining your evening. Why gamble whilst there are different options?
3. American- why would you want to take your date to an ordinary American dinner? Nothing says unimaginative, uninteresting, and reasonably-priced, like making plans for a date at the nearby diner. Enough stated.
1. Ethiopian- through a long way, the excellent region to take a date. First, it’s so extraordinary that your date has probable by no means even attempted it, so your date could be inspired by using trying a brand new enjoy. Ethiopian eating places are observed in maximum foremost towns. If you stay in a small metropolis, you may be tough-pressed to locate an Ethiopian location; however, if you do and if it’s even an hour’s drive away, it is properly worth the pressure. In a few methods, Ethiopian food seems like Indian with all sorts of colorful, rich sauces. The poor could get messy, and you could spill some of the sauces in your clothes. However, the large benefit, which far outweighs all else, is that ingesting Ethiopian food is honestly a communal enjoyment.
They placed all of their meals on a flatbread referred to as injera, crafted from the teff grain. Everyone sits across the bread and tears off pieces, scooping up their food in the bread. Imagine all the laughs you could have scooping food into each other’s mouths- plenty more amusing and lively than twirling pasta to your fork. The food is certainly scrumptious, and in case your date is open-minded, you may have an extraordinary time gambling with your meals.
2. Korean- like Mexican, these meals are also very highly spiced. However, I find that it does not mess with your stomach as Mexican does. The food is delicious and distinguished, so that scores you points. But the key issue here inside the enjoy is, once again, the communal element. Koreans usually have small dishes on the desk. This is shared via all of the diners, instead of one huge plate for each person. The meals look so uncommon, and the taste is so unique, you’ll have lots of a laugh with your date trying to figure out what you’re consuming.
Three. Brazilian- over again, this rating factors for its exotic nature.
Many of the dishes are much like other South American cuisines, with masses of rice and beans. However, I’ve had Brazilian dishes with some of the most delicious spices and sauces that I’ve ever tried. Not certain what they installed it, but I can truly describe the flavor as being wealthy. Extra points for ecosystem and atmosphere- the Brazilians have a great mind-set towards enjoying lifestyles- and you have the makings of a memorable date.
Try out those specific ethnic cuisines, and you’ll locate your self with better, extra memorable dinner dates than you have had earlier than